Friday, May 14, 2010

5 Years...

Way back on May 14, 2010, Dan and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. We got to enjoy a lovely dinner out at the Taste of Texas Steakhouse. The weather was terrible--thunder, lightning, wind, rain, but we had friends to watch our kids and weren't about to give up on a night out. We'd been wanting to eat here since we moved to Houston and we weren't disappointed. It was DELICIOUS! And it's a very fun atmosphere. I went there for a best friend's sweet 16 about 10 years ago and it was every bit as yummy as I remember. The service was excellent--when they found out we were celebrating our anniversary, we got a free dessert to share and they took a picture and printed it out for us to keep. Our server even gave us the official recipe for their cilantro vinaigrette after I commented that I loved it. Taste of Texas is pricey but for a nice date every few years--worth it!
I'm so glad I'm married to my best friend. It's been a wonderful five years and I can't wait to see what 5 more bring. I love you Dan!

{when I finally scan the picture of us from the restaurant, I'll post it}

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had fun. I LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Wicked too.