As always on Mother's Day, I feel so very grateful for the Moms in my life--my wonderful Mother, Mother-in-law, grandmothers, sisters, sisters-in-law, cousins, aunts, and friends. I am amazed at the incredible mothers that surround me.
I can only hope to be as talented, kind, organized, and fun as my Mom someday.
I also am so thankful that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with these sweet, crazy, wonderful, smart, hilarious, and fun little girls.
Megan couldn't resist a little swing in the buff while we watered the garden on May 10, 2010.

Brooke LOVES to peek through the intersection of the couches. It is definitely her favorite spot. This sweet smile was on May 7, 2010.

My "little" brother turned 13 on Mother's Day this year. He has finally passed me both in height and in the age I was when he was born (I was 12). It's hard to believe how grown up he's getting. I was experimenting with marshmallow fondant and made a cake to cover both occasions. I think it tasted better than regular fondant. But it wasn't as good as buttercream. And it mostly tasted like powdered sugar. Next time I'm adding some vanilla or something as part of my liquid in an effort to fix that.

2 comments:
Cute cake (and GIRLS! :)) Try getting the clear vanilla for your fondant next time. You can find it in the cake decor area of Walmart. That way if you're making white fondant, it doesn't distort the color. I love play-doh, clay, etc., so making fondant is OH so fun for me :)
let me know when you perfect the recipe and then I will give it a try. ")
Post a Comment