Well...if you're like me and you have a double stroller you LOVE because of it's massive cargo space and you're spending the day at SeaWorld in San Antonio, your stroller might just have:
*a swim tote containing 4 suits (1 for each family member--3 of those suits less than 2 months old), 3 beach towels, 2 bottles of sunscreen, a swim diaper, and 2 pairs of flip flops (for you and your husband)
*an insulated lunch bag containing 5 apples, 5 capri suns, 6 cheesesticks and 2 reusable ice packs
*another insulated lunch bag containing 2 bags of chips, skittles, pretzels, 4 jars of baby food, a bag of baby cereal, 2 baby bowls and spoons, and a pb&h sandwich (with the crust cut off)
*a plastic grocery sack containing a complete change of clothes (including socks and undies) for each family member (and 4 spare diapers)
*a sippy cup
*snacks that the rest of the extended family enjoying the day with you threw in for easy access
Now you may be asking--why on earth am I telling you this?
Because that's the list I got to fill out for the SeaWorld security guard and lost and found people when our stroller was STOLEN DURING THE 11:45 am SKI SHOW!
(our stroller on a happier day in April)

Who does this?!?
I'm sure they thought there were things like cameras/phones/wallets/car keys in those food bags and I hope they were sorely disappointed to find that we (being the smart tourists that we are) did NOT leave any of THOSE valuables in it. However, the stroller itself is worth $150 easy (it's only 6 months old for crying out loud).
And--I gotta say--those other "less-valuable" things--would have been worth a lot to make our day better at Sea World!
We would have gotten to enjoy the water park for one. Our kids wouldn't have been starving because they don't like any of the Sea World fast food. Our kids would have easily napped in our nice reclining stroller chairs. AND we wouldn't have spent an hour at the lost and found station! So at 5:30, we dragged our hot, tired, and crying children and our very disappointed selves out to the car...without our beloved stroller.
I was pretty upset. I did remember as the day went on that at least I had the most important things (the kids, wallets, etc). And SeaWorld let us use one of their strollers for free (thank goodness or we would have been done at noon). It's just stuff. Sigh.
I think we did have a good time other than that. And maybe...just maybe...we'll go back someday (we bought season passes for goodness sake). But this time we're bringing a lock (a BIG one) and carving our name into many places on the new stroller we haven't bought yet and maybe hiring a security guard (it can't cost much more than replacing our stroller and all the stuff in it!).
Let this be a lesson to you theme park goers out there--either take a stroller you don't care about or a nice big lock to spare yourselves our pain!
17 comments:
Oh, Amber! I'm sorry to hear your stroller was taken. The person(s) who took it are really quite pathetic. I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on the rest of your day.
It breaks my heart to read the story even though you had already told me. I think I have a deeper understanding of how you feel because we have the same stroller that we LOVE. Let me know what kind of lock you end up getting so I can purchase one too. I don't want to lose my stuff to an inconsiderate fool. :)
What a sad story. At loast you know what kind of stroller you like now. I'm glad you were able to stay for awhile anyway and enjoy it as much as possible. Hope you can get a new stroller soon so you can continue going on these fun outings.
At the begining of reading this I thought, "I know how you feel. You have to take what feels like your whole house for just a day trip." I'm so sorry. That must have been so sad to lose all your things and your new stroller. I hope you guys still had a good time.
Oh no! That is such a downer. Makes me wonder how pathetic some people are when they take/steal from children. I know it is highly unlikely, but hopefully sea world "finds" it. It is probably being posted on ebay as i type. :(
What is this world coming to? Good luck though. For now, try to think positively..like when someone cuts you off on the freeway-maybe the female passenger is in labor....well, maybe the person who took the stroller had two children who sprained their ankles when they slipped on the wet cement at the sea lion show....then maybe they donated the stroller to a charity. Here's to hoping for a better world.
Oh no!!! That's terrible! I can't believe people do that. How low... stealing someone's stroller :( Boo! Good luck getting a replacement stroller soon.
That's lame and dumb why someone would do that. I hope though that it won't scare you away from there forever.
Oh no! That's terrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. One good thing though... at least you get a new swimsuit out of it! :-)
you should have had a few poopy diapers in there! thats horrible
Oh, so sad!! Maybe it will turn up? Hopefully BEFORE you buy a new one.
That's right... You are not in Utah anymore! That's the pits. Makes for a difficult day but on the positive side... you will have a story to tell your girls about when they are older. And, lesson learned. There are awful people in this world who are out to make our days miserable. Godd thing you looked on the bright side. Hope it was fun.
Sad day! I was just at the San Antonio Sea World in March watching my sister's kids and every time I had to leave the stroller I thought it would be gone when I got back. Luckily I had better luck than you, but still, LAME! Hopefully it doesn't deter you from ever going back!
Next time I come to Texas I am calling you to go to Sea World with me!
—Marianne
That is one of the most horrible amusement park tales I've heard. Yuck, yuck. So sad for you guys. Thanks for the heads up!
Oh, that just plain bites big time. I am so sorry! Some people are just plain messed up.
SO SAD!!
I always feared that someone would take my stroller at zoo's and theme parks, but finally convinced myself that no one would ever do that...I guess I need to go back to being more careful. So sorry for you! I hope there's a chance Sea World finds your stroller.
That is crummy. I'm so sorry. What a bum deal. I totally agree: "Who does that?!"
Post a Comment