Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thank Heaven for Little Girls

I tend to be consumed when I have a project to do. I can work on something for hours at a time and not worry about eating or cleaning or anything else. I've learned to be a little less focused since Megan was born--she doesn't take kindly to being ignored for an entire day.
So, this project took me TWO afternoons instead of just one (and neither Megan nor Dan missed any meals). I printed these pictures a couple of months ago and wanted to do something cute with them to put up in Megan's room. After spending the morning at a mall play place with my mom, sister-in-law Amy, Amy's 3 kids, and Megan, I stopped by Hobby Lobby to get a frame and scrapbook paper for the background.
My sister-in-law Ali is a fantastic digital scrapbooker and has done some cute pages that have a similar vintage black and white feel so I decided to go with it.
I downloaded the font for the sayings from dafont.com (my new favorite site)and looked at some vinyl lettering sites to find a saying I liked.
In all, the paper, glue, and frame cost less than $9. Pretty cheap for a cute project. The frame was marked down because of a dent (good luck finding it!) so that helped keep the cost extra low.
Anyway. I love (LOVE) how it turned out. And I'm kind of sad to be done already. I think I need to do projects more often; I really enjoy them.

The finished product:


What Megan does while Mom is consumed:




9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! and I love dafonts as well. I also like urbanfonts.com too

Heather said...

it is very cute! If you need another project, I will send you pictures of my boys and some money and you can have at it! It seriously looks really good.

Tori said...

I love it! That's a great idea. I totally understand getting consumed in projects.

Glen & Kat said...

Super-cute! Good for you for doing projects. I need to get back into that. And I'm glad you had a good trip.

Julie said...

Megan sleeps in the cutest positions ever! Glad to hear y'all are doing so many fun things.

Michelle said...

So so cute! I love it! You are so creative and talented. I love doing projects too. I wish the relief society still did more craft nights like when our parents were our age.

Ali said...

Wow Amber! That looks great. I like the idea of putting in a picture frame to hang it up. I hadn't thought of doing something like that. Thanks for the props, too. You guys are great!

Megan said...

Kayda loves the toilet paper too! It's nice that she keeps herself entertained for you to be able to do that stuff.

Krista Hansen said...

Super cute!