Saturday, July 21, 2018

Week before Lauren's birth...

As I write this, Lauren is almost 10 months old!  But now is better than never to get my memories out of my head.  Thankfully I sent a Polo about her birth story to my sister-in-law that I can use to help me with details!
The belly before church on July 15 (38 weeks, 4 days)

On Monday July 16, I had a dentist appointment and then did grocery pickup before meeting friends at the pool and sending Megan and Brooke on playdates after.  Tyler came over for dinner and we had family night like always.  It had been a week since my last OB appointment where I wasn't dilated at all, so I was feeling like it could take a while for baby to make her appearance.

Tuesday July 17, we went for our bike ride in the morning and I worked hard to have the house picked up before the housekeepers came.  Thanks to my Dad and my friends, I had the gift of housekeepers coming every other week for June, July, and August--best present EVER!  I took the kids to Walmart for a bit and then to hang out at Ali's house (Ali and her fam were still gone in Utah) while they were cleaning.  Dan had a mattress delivery that night and it was a quiet evening.

Riding the firetruck toy at Walmart



Early in the morning on Wednesday July 18 I woke up with contractions.  It was about 3 am and I had them every 10-20 minutes for about 2 hours.  They weren't intense but it was enough that I had Dan work from home just in case.  They slowed down through the morning and by the time we got to playgroup at the pool around 10 am, the contractions stopped.  So we joined the Activity Days girls at the mounted police stables to feed the horses.  I had mixed feelings about the contractions stopping.  On the one hand, not being pregnant anymore sounded great.  On the other hand, Ali and her family were on their way home from Utah and it would simplify things if she was back to help with the other kids when I had the baby.  Also, our friend Cris had just passed away and his funeral was on Saturday and I was hopeful Dan and I would be able to attend.  Ali and her family made it home that day and Dan went to pick up a mattress that evening.  No more contractions.


Thursday July 19 Dan worked from home again and I went to my OB appointment in the morning.  I was pleasantly surprised to hear that I was dilated to 2 cm (those contractions the day before had been doing something after all).  We were happy to have cousins home and spent the day playing with them.

Friday July 20 was another quiet day with Dan working from home one more time.  I was feeling good and noticing contractions here and there throughout the day but nothing consistent or strong.

Saturday July 21 was the morning of Cris's funeral.  Ali watched the kids so Dan and I could attend the service.  It was a really beautiful service and we got to see lots of people from our time in Summerwood ward.  We had lunch over at Ali's afterwards.  Tyler dropped in for a quick visit before heading to the airport to pick up Kortnee--he was pretty excited because he had a ring in his pocket and planned to propose to her that evening!  We were looking forward to meeting her at a family dinner at Dad's on Sunday.  She said yes when Tyler asked that night and we were so happy for them.  We headed to bed around 10 pm.

No comments: