Friday, July 07, 2017

July

We've had quite the week around here.

Last Friday Dan and I got to grab some sushi takeout and watch a movie for date night.  Saturday we got up and we all rode bikes to the park to play for a bit.  We swam as a family that morning too and just enjoyed the day together.

Sunday was a good Sunday.  Megan did well with fasting and even though Brooke was tough, the other kids did well.  My team teacher taught about the word of wisdom.

I took pics before church--Megan was thrilled :)

Monday was fun because Dan worked from home.  We rode bikes and picked up groceries first thing.  The kids all had dentist appointments in the morning and then I took them swimming with Ali's family.  Dan's work let everyone of early at about 2 so we had a nice relaxing afternoon/evening.

Tuesday was the 4th!  We hosted our annual pancake breakfast.  Carrie came up and we had about 8 or 9 other families come over.  It was a lot of fun.  We swam with Carrie in the middle of the day and then she headed out to Dad's.  We had a barbecue with Ali and 2 other families for dinner and stayed there til our kids were ready to fall over.  They all crashed and we did too.

Ready for breakfast




Emily was tired at the pool--she fell asleep on me!




Wednesday we biked early.  Dan worked from home again (woohoo!) since he had a dentist appointment.  I took the kids to the pool for playgroup.  At naptime it was my turn at the dentist, 3 fillings (2 of them were repairs of old fillings)--my face was numb for hours! 

Thursday we biked early.  I took my big kids and Ali's big kids to the 50 cent movie.  We sat with some friends and that was fun.  We had lunch with Ali and came home for naps.  Brooke and Megan had friends over. 



Today we skipped biking and I took my kids to the temple to take pics for Brooke's baptism.  She looked so beautiful!  We went swimming and ate lunch and then I did a swim lesson for Jack and my nephew Luke (he's 4).  They did great.  During nap time I was working on Brooke's baptism announcement when I heard a big crash from the bunkbeds where Candy was having quiet time.  About 10 minutes later, she came downstairs all teary telling me her arm hurt--sure enough, that big crash was her falling off the top bed and catching herself with her right arm.  She was bracing it against her body and I just knew that wasn't a good sign.  So I took the kids to Ali's house and took Candy to the ER.  Aaaand, broken.  tada.  Both bones of her lower arm (radius and ulna).  So she's in a splint for a week and we'll meet with an orthopedist next Friday to get it casted.  Hopefully we can get a waterproof cast like Zach and Owen :).  She was super brave, the ER doc was shocked it was broken with how fine she was acting.  Thankfully she didn't need it set or anything, it was all lined up.  We got back to Ali's as Dan got home from work, so she fed us all dinner and we came home.


















At the ER waiting to be splinted, poor baby

No comments: