We are now officially and completely done with swim team for
the season (the awards night was last night!). This week was still busy
and crazy but I think next week is looking quiet and I'm feeling good
about that!
Wed Jun 14: We swam at the pool for playgroup
for an hour or so, I ran Megan home for an A days party and did a swim
lesson for my neighbor's little girl--no tears, success! We had a
potluck dinner at a park in the neighborhood to wish all the swimmers
good luck before our big divisionals meet. It was fun and not as hot as
we thought it would be.
Thu Jun 15: Happy 37th birthday
Shad! I took the kids (my big 4 plus 5 more) to the 50 cent movie.
That was an adventure. We all made it. The kids had friends over in
the afternoon and I swam laps that night--I did a mile, and didn't die,
yes!
Fri Jun 16: It was our last fun Friday practice and we had a
"parent practice" where the parents swam with their kids and did relays
parents vs. kids. Really fun. I watched my nephews and niece after
that and then Ali watched my kids while I showed my neighbor how to keep
practicing with her daughter at our last swim lesson. We hosted
babysit night and stayed up way too late.
Sat Jun 17:
Divisionals meet! 6 teams, a million kids, tons of fun. We got 2nd
place! All the girls got at least one personal best and Dad and Sally
came to cheer them on. After the meet, we headed down to Dad and
Sally's to check out the super fun neighborhood pool (it has a high
dive--awesome!) and have burgers and play games.
Megan's cheer section for her 50 free (1st event of the meet)
Sun Jun 18: Happy 17th birthday Julianne! Father's Day! Dan
didn't have any meetings so that was nice. We made him breakfast in bed
and the kids sang to him at church and he got cookies and it was a nice
day spent together.
Dan's such a good Dad--he played sorry with the big kids after church.
Mon Jun 19: Happy 14th birthday Hailey! No morning swim practice! I
picked up groceries and took the girls to basketball camp at the high
school. Then we went swimming at a friend's house. I headed to the
church at quiet time while Ali watched my kids so I could help check the
youth for lice (blech!) before they left on buses for Nauvoo for a week
of youth conference. Thankfully I didn't see any! I came home and
picked up my kids plus our Bishop's middle son (they are in Nauvoo with
the youth) so we get to have 6 kids this week. They will only trust me
with their son because he has a severe peanut allergy and bad asthma--so
we banished our peanut butter and have his epi pen and inhaler handy.
We had family night, Megan taught about service.
Tue Jun 20: The basketball camp got switched to the afternoon
so we had a quiet morning, did chores, and had lunch before dropping
them off. We swam after camp before dinner which was fun.
Wed
Jun 21: We had playgroup at the pool before basketball. It was great
except for when the kid I'm watching dunked another kid and bit
him--sheesh, who is watching that kid :). Thankfully both kids were
ok.
Emily LOOOVES the pool. Giggles like a crazy
person as she toddles around and screeches at me when to tell me when
she wants to do a swim or try backfloat.
Thu Jun 22: The kids did chores again, and even cleaned bathrooms,
yay child labor! The girls went to basketball and after that I got a
sitter to come over so I could take the big girls ice skating with our
neighbors who are moving. Unfortunately, the ice rink was closed! So
we found a bouncy house place instead and played there for a while. For
dinner that night we went to the swim team awards night. It was at a
park with a hot dog dinner, bouncy houses, and lots of playing. Megan
got a nice towel embroidered with her name and the team logo because
she's been on the team for 5 years. At the end of the night the team
president asked me to consider being head coach next year--I laughed and
said I'd have to think about that a while! I got to finish the night
with Blue Bell at a goodbye party for a friend.
I told the kids if they cleaned up we could do a science experiment--so cornstarch and water for the win!
Emily enjoyed her cupcake at the awards night!
Our family last night
Fri Jun 23: That's today! I took the big kids plus my extra kid
to the swim team movie day. We had a theater to ourselves and watched
the new Cars movie and Jack was IN HEAVEN. It was a cute show. Carrie
came over to pick up Brooke for a sleepover and after naps I took the
remaining kids swimming before dinner. WE got home in time for the
Bishop's other two kids to get here. They will get home int he morning,
so one more night til we have just our kids again. M has been good
but I'm excited nonetheless.
M and Jack before the movie
The girls
A display at the theater
Aunt Carrie reading stories--she was popular today.
No comments:
Post a Comment