Sunday, December 04, 2016

December!

Our week after Thanksgiving was good.
Nov 28 (Mon) we had a quiet day, grocery swap and a family night lesson by Brooke on kindness. 
Nov 29 (Tue) I had a few visitors in the morning.  I was working on ornaments for a party that night when Carrie came to say Hi after her first few patients cancelled.  Ashley came to say hi too and to tell me they were getting ready to accept a job offer in either Portland or Seattle (boo hoo!  I'm so sad!).  It was our last day before our zoo membership expired so I took Jack and Emily and we had a blast.  It was muggy and about 80 degrees but there was a breeze and lots of shade.  My friend hosted her annual ornament exchange party that night which was really fun. 









Nov 30 (Wed) we had playgroup at the park in Fall Creek.  It was amazing weather (upper 60s and sunny) and we had lots of firends come.  Megan had her 6 month check in with the ENT.  She STILL didn't pass her hearing screen and had actually gotten worse.  Our ENT referred us to a specialist ENT at Texas Children's to see what is going on.  We decorated the tree that night.







Dec 1 (Thu), Dan flew out early for his committee meetings/recruiting at BYU that he goes to twice a year.  Ashley came over in the morning and I embroidered the names on the stockings for each of our 5th kids.  Ali came over next and we did the name on her baby's stocking.  Then I got the vinyl all cut out and put on our wood blocks. 


Dec 2 (Fri).  Jack had playschool and I mostly did laundry and ran errands.  Jack's buddy Max came to play for a bit after playschool.  Then after school it was time to make pizzas and host babysit swap.  13 kids and me!  It was fine.










Dec 3 (Sat)  I hosted my primary class party at lunch time.  They wanted pizza, hot dogs, and chips.  We originally planned to do a hot tub party at one kid's house but it was rainy and 48 degrees so we moved it here.  We played charades and pictionary and ate lunch.  They are a really nice group of kids.  Megan and Brooke played in their Christmas recital after that.  Dad and Sally met us there and we facetimed Dan when it was one of their turns.  They played beautifully!  Megan did "Up on the Housetop" and Brooke did "Silent Night".  That evening I embroidered 8 more stockings!  A family in the ward with 6 kids hired me to put on the names and with Dan gone it was a good time to get it done.

My primary class

Brooke and her friends after the recital







Dec 4 (Sun) I was later to church then I'd been in years--we made it during the sacrament hymn and sat in the overflow.  That's what I get for wanting a few pictures of the kids before we left :).  It was my day to teach (my last time teaching for the year! and it was about Moroni's promise.  It was such a good discussion with my class about how to gain their own testimonies.  After church we had choir at 3 pm, picked Dan up from the airport at 4:15 pm, ate dinner at 4:40 pm and I took Megan, Candy, and Jack down to Carrie's Christmas party after that.  Then home again at 7, listening to the Christmas fireside as I drove and watching the end with Dan and the other kids. 







No comments: