Monday, February 10, 2014

100th Day

Megan's 100th Day of Kindergarten was on Feb. 10, 2014.  It got pushed back a bit after our two "ice/snow" days a few weeks back. 
All the kindergarteners needed to wear a shirt with 100 of something on it.  Megan decided she wanted a peacock with 100 feathers.  Her primary teacher last year would wear these peacock feather earrings and Megan thought they were the coolest things ever. 
I think the shirt turned out pretty cute.  I printed a peacock out and traced it onto the shirt with a pen and then went over it w/fabric paint.  Then I cut a piece of felt the same size as the feathers of the peacock and sewed 5 rows of 20 feathers onto it.  Then I just safety pinned the felt piece with all the feathers onto it (so I'll be able to remove it for washing). That's a lot of feathers in a little area! 
I think it's amazing how much she's grown up since August.  She had a great 100s day!  They did a parade in their shirts, wore "100" glasses and a "100" hat and colored a paper with 100 things on it.


Meanwhile back at home, Jack was smothered with love from his sisters.  Brooke especially has a soft spot for her baby brother and loves to hold him.  They were both kissing his little cheeks, but I couldn't catch them at the same time :).  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that shirt! You did a great job!!! Jack is super cute :-)

Glen & Kat said...

You are amazing, the shirt is cute!