Sunday, March 24, 2013

St. Patty's and an Easter Egg Hunt

We did manage to remember to wear green to church on St. Patrick's day.  Or at least the girls and I did.  Dan on the other hand, had early meetings and I was asleep when he left...and I didn't remind him!  Oops.  Thankfully, he was only attacked with pinches AFTER church at the T family's house when we went over for a lovely dinner of corned beef and cabbage.  We contributed to the authenticity with 2 loaves of Irish soda bread which were actually quite delicious.  I should make them more than once a year. 

 The rest of the week was pretty uneventful.  Candy enjoyed some chocolate pudding on Mar. 18.


Then on Saturday, Mar. 23 it was the neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  We had 3 excited girls.

 Megan refused to look at me.  And she chose her own clothes--a minnie mouse shirt and size 3T pants.  They were a little short but I think her circumference hasn't changed since she was a toddler, so they still fit fine other than that :).

We saw lots of friends there.


And then the Easter bunny came out and the 0 to 2 year olds were off!  Once Dan started singing "clean-up, clean-up", Candy really got the hang of things and picked up quite a few eggs (including one chick-fil-a coupon--yes!)

The Easter bunny made his way over by us--the Megans were thrilled to say hi.

Candy couldn't wait to say bye.

Cute Kenzie.

Megan and Brooke were pro egg hunters.  After their group finished, the kids all jumped in some blow-up jump things and then we headed home.

Then to round out our fun weekend, Aunt Carrie came over for dinner on Sunday (March 24).  These girlies love their Aunt Carrie--especially since she willingly reads Pinkalicous over and over again.


2 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

I love Candy's faces!

Jen Bowen said...

I love that singing the clean up song is what it took Candy to pick up the eggs during the hunt!