I only survived our Super Saturday because of other blogs who posted what crafts they had done and because of my fantastic friends who taught classes and are on my committee. So in an effort to pay it forward, here are the NINE (count 'em, NINE) crafts we offered at our Super Saturday on Sept. 18.
Last year we also had nine projects, but I wasn't in charge and I thought to myself, "That's way too many. If I'm ever in charge, we'll only do like 5.". Ha. Our original list was 15 and it killed me to narrow it to 9. I guess I need to make crafts more often, then I won't fall in love with EVERY craft I see.
I've included the link for the sites we got the tutorials/ideas from and our approximate cost (and a picture if I had one). Enjoy!
1. FHE in a Jar: Cost--free (our ward paid for this one) They will get a pint-size mason jar w/lid and band, cute paper to cover the lid, a tag w/instructions, and a printout of the FHE ideas that they can cut apart at the activity. The actual cost is: $1.30 each ($.80 for the jar, copy of sayings--do at church--free, $.50 for tag/twine/cute paper for lid) **note that the tag on that link has a typo so we adjusted and cut off the bottom part. Also, we laminated the tag and paper for the lid. AND--if you print off the excel version of the strips, check to make sure you expand some of the cells so you don't cut off any words**
2. Temple Blocks: Cost--$3.25 each. The participants will get a 2 inch by 8 inch by 5 inch wood block, a 4 x 6 print of the temple, paint, mod podge, and ribbon to embellish. The block will need to be sanded as well. ($.50 for the wood, $.50 for the paint, $.10 for the print, $.30 for the mod podge, $.60 for the ribbons, $1.00 for the sandpaper, $.25 for the paintbrush). The picture I've attached is what I will have out for the example, theirs will just be on thicker wood.
3. Felt Bows: Cost--$.50 each. They will get the clips, hot glue, staples, and felt to make cute bows. These are so easy and cute. You cut out a little felt circle, 4 petals that get folded in fourths and stapled to the circle and then one more petal that gets folded in thirds, cut the tip and hot glue it in the center. Last, glue it to your clip.
4. I Spy Bags w/Objects and Laminated List: Cost: $8.00 each. Using a zipper pencil bag w/a clear side, poly pellets, and little objects from the dollar store; we'll make I spy bags w/a list. These are the easiest I've seen and I think it is nice that it could be put in a folder. We can finish it off by sewing down the zipper when we're done so little fingers can't get it open and spill it everywhere. *My kids LOVE this. So much that I had to hide the list (they can't read anyway) so it doesn't get ripped up. And our teacher did a nice job of having everything set up for a quick craft. We grabbed our pencil bag, a pre-measured ziploc of poly pellets, and a ziploc of the items w/the list--dumped in the pellets, dumped in the items and zzzzip! sewed it.
5. Tie Onesies: $10 for 3 of them or $3.50 each. This tutorial is from a blog I enjoy called "Crap I've Made". And I made 3 of these for my adorable new nephew (see below). They are so cute. You can also do the same applique idea with any shape (flowers, stars, etc).
6. Muffin Tin Advent Calendar: Also, another link. Cost=$10. These are adorable. Take a mini-muffin tin. Print numbers 1 thru 24 in cute fonts. Cut shapes of cardstock to cover the muffin hole. Glue numbers and cute embellishments on the cardstock. Put a magnet on the back. Stick a treat or holiday activity or scripture inside and enjoy! *I also mod-podged over mine--I want this to last more than one year!
I made one (obviously I didn't have time at the actual super saturday--my sister Carrie had me get her supplies for one also and we worked on them during Girl's Night a.k.a. Priesthood session)
7. Menu Frame: $4.25 each. See attached picture. The frame is $3 and I'm going to provide pens and velcro to stick it to the frame also. I'll personalize it with each person's name. This is a great, fast, easy, project.
8. Magnet Board: $10 each (approx. ) This is an aluminum board covered w/fabric and hung by a ribbon. We provided a few fabric options, a ribbon for each fabric option, and the board itself.
I didn't make this one...yet. I'd like to someday! So click the link for instructions and a picture.
9. Book Page Wreath: $6.00 each (approx). We'd need a wreath form, hot glue guns, cheap books to tear apart, paint for the edges, and ribbon to hang it.
This is a cute decorating option for a big blank wall. Click the link to see what it is! It's awesome.






1 comment:
Amazing options! I want them. I want to make the little baby onsies. Adorable and seems so easy, and yet on my own i am sure it woul dbe difficult since i don't even know what wonder under is or how it works. FHE in a jar sounds awesome. i can't believe this was a give away.We have a temple block and i spy bags. Check. but the magnet board and the wreath were awesome!
So did you have sewing machines there? and Hot glue guns going off everywhere? did you put the corky board on the back of your magnet boards? Hve you made a felt wreath? or a fabric/ scraps wreath? those look awesome too. someday....
Post a Comment