Friday, December 19, 2008

Time Flies...

When you're having fun. Or when you're just plain busy! Our house is coming along beautifully. We did a big walk-through with our builder this morning and there are only a few minor things left to do before we close! Yay!
Dan took the day off and after our walk-through and some lunch at my Mom's, we came home to pack for our trip to Utah. Wish us luck as we try to get out of Houston while all that snow is hitting the northern areas of the country. My sister Carrie was supposed to fly in tonight from Boston--her flight was canceled and the soonest she can get out is Monday. Which means we won't see her at all :(. Thank goodness for Skype!
We are enjoying our December and can't believe it's practically over. Megan is now trying her hand at running and climbing (and falling harder). She had her first fat lip (see pic below). It was so sad/cute.
Anyway. I keep writing posts in my head but figured I better just get one done before I blink and it's February.
We will get back from Utah on Dec. 30 at 8 pm and go to closing on Dec. 31 at 10 am. The moving day is set for Jan. 3. We are getting so excited and a little stressed for our new place. If it weren't for the fact that we have to move to get there, it would be all excitement. I have managed to pack one box...looks like we'll have a busy Jan. 1 and 2.

Dan and I got to dress up all fancy for his work party. We had a great time--yummy food and fun dancing. This is not a great pic, but it's the best we've got on the computer. They took a "prom pic" for us and that looks a little better :)


Some house shots...
Master Bath


Backyard


Garage


Megan "helping" me make sugar cookies. She really liked watching the mixer.


I rolled out the dough and thought she might like using the cookie cutters. She loves playing with them on the floor. Well--Megan is no dummy. She saw that delicious dough and immediately began shoving it in her little mouth by the fistful. I had to take a picture...and then stop the little cookie dough monster.


She thinks wearing glasses is hilarious. This was last night before bed. She kept grabbing my Rx glasses off my face, so I traded and gave her my $5 walmart glasses to wear instead. A friend at church has some sweet green baby sunglasses (they velcro in the back to stay on) and Megan LOVED them last Sunday.


And the poor little adventurer. Those darn table legs just jump out at you sometimes. Her lip swelled up fast but also went away fast. Not to be seen without an injury of any kind, she promptly got bruises on each side of her forehead over the 2 days after hitting her face. At least we got a cute Christmas picture where she doesn't look too beat up.

4 comments:

Pat Hanis said...

Hey- we're flying down Christmas day and coming back New Years Day. Maybe we can see you while we're there. I'll have my phone: 206-295-9580. Pat.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, Amber, she looks more like you every day! I can't believe how big she is getting and I can't wait to see her in person soon!

Kelli said...

I love all your house pics. Our little Kenna (same age as Megan) had a bruise on her cheek where she hit the box of blocks at OUR house! love love love the cookie dough monster pics. hehe

Glen & Kat said...

I'm soooo jealous of your big backyard! Good luck with closing. Call me whenever you want help packing. What time are you bringing Megan on the 3rd?